Unearthly by Cynthia Hand

Clara's visions have began. They have been waiting for this day, for all Angels will discover their calling through their visions. But her calling takes her from her home in California and her whole family must move to Wyoming so she can fulfill her calling. Wyoming brings unexpected events, a love triangle and learning how to hone her skills on becoming a full-fledged Angel and perform to the best of her abilities.

My Opinion: Although there were some things that bothered me as I read. The parts I enjoyed outweighed the ones that distracted me. I cannot say that I am team Angel. This is the Third angel book I picked up in 2010 and have to say it was the most entertaining one. But there is still something about Angels on Earth that gives me some pause. I think that Angel stories are a new trend, but I think I enjoyed this one the best so far.

What I enjoyed: I enjoyed this story out of all the other Angel stories (yes I did enjoy it more than Hush Hush and Fallen) Because: we get some action with the main character in this one a lot more than the others. I am a sucker for some good action and adventure. We get to see Clara learn how to be an Angel, thus we see her learning to fly, how to maintain control of her "glowing" features and actually have a purpose that does not just involve love for the boy. (aka there is a higher/more important purpose) Oh ya, and her mom (who trains her) is my favorite character, and it's about time we had a strong mother figure in a book. It seems to be harder to find these days.

Comments

  1. Anonymous1/03/2011

    I definitely need to check this one out soon!

    I have it on NetGalley but still can't get used to eReaders so just going to wait until my hard copy comes in the mail.

    Awesome review! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is understandably frustrated by this, but I was still a little disappointed that she was willing to gamble with her destiny like she does. And I wish her mom had shared her purpose with us, as Clara and I were both curious.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What do you think?