Outside In by Maria V Snyder

OMG!! It's finally here!! This is the 2nd book so if you have not read Inside Out, I do not want to spoil this book for you but I will do my best to not do that!
Summary from http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/8901953-outside-in
Me? A Leader? Okay, I did prove that there's more to Inside than we knew. That a whole world exists beyond this cube we live in. And finding that led to a major rebellion - between worker scrubs like me and the snobby uppers who rule our world. Make that ruled. Because of me, we're free. I thought that meant I was off the hook, and could go off on my own again - while still touching base with Riley, of course. He's the one upper I think I can trust. But then we learned that there's outside and then there is Outside. And something from Outside wants In

That's right! There is something outside of this world of pipes and cubes that wants IN! This book brings in constant danger and war-like behavior. We find Trella is physically hurt in almost every chapter of this very fast paced action packed novel. Although there is rebellion and fighting in the first novel, this second novel takes on a whole new level. It becomes war. We see bombs, tremors, physical fighting, amazing technological torture scenes and some unbelievable surgery work from the Doctor.
      Trella has started the rebellion and now she's ready to relax and enjoy the "new life" with Riley and just explore and enjoy what she can. But the people of inside (especially the scrubs) see her as a leader. Trella is fighting with the need to not want to be a leader and the desire of wanting a fair say for both upper and lower levels in this new community. We see a little bit of a more mature romance between Trella and Riley so unlike the first novel this one should be approached by more mature teens, not only for the romance, but some of the descriptions of the fighting gets a little nasty. (Think: Mockingjay)
       In my mind Maria V Snyder is just as much of a genius as Suzanne Collins (Hunger Games Trilogy) and deserves just as much attention and love. I highly recommend her novels for any fan of Dystopian stories.


http://www.mariavsnyder.com/

Comments