In the Arms of Stone Angels by Jordan Dane

In the Arms of Stone Angels
Description from Goodreads.com
Two years ago I did a terrible thing. I accused my best friend of being a killer after seeing him kneeling over a girl's body. That moment and that outcast boy still haunt me.

Now my mom is forcing me back to Oklahoma and I can't get White Bird out of my mind. But when I find out he's not in juvie—that he's in a mental hospital, locked in his tormented brain at the worst moment of his life—I can't turn my back on him again.
No one wants me to see him. My mom doesn't trust me. The town sheriff still thinks I was involved in the murder. And the other kids who knew the dead girl are after me.
I'm as trapped as White Bird. And when I touch him, I get sucked into his living hell, a vision quest of horrifying demons and illusions of that night. Everything about him scares me now, but I have to do something. This time I can't be a coward. This time I have to be his friend.
Even if I get lost, as well…



WoW, Amazing and I think I am in Love. I found this book addicting and wonderful. *sigh*
I almost didn't pick up this book, wasn't sure what I thought of the synopsis. But I am so grateful I did. I couldn't put it down, so many twists and interesting paranormal snippets. In the acknowledgments the author says it was meant as a "dark, edgy YA Novel" and I could not agree more. I loved the main character Brenna, she's a little on the weird, quirky side (she makes her own clothes and can see ghosts, visions etc). Whitebird is a very endearing boy you just want to hug him. They have a connection together than is more than any typical high school romance. The other high school students are really mean and bully Brenna and Whitebird beyond belief and I was amazed at the torture, but I felt it added so much to both of these characters personalities to hear what they endured. I really enjoyed the sections where the story jumped to another characters story. (I think it's called head-popping). I have to say In the Arms of Stone Angels is one of the best books I have picked up this year, completely unexpected and one of my new all-time favorite reads. There just isn't enough words to describe the enjoyment that came from this book,  amazing writing.



In the Arms of Stone Angels (Harlequin Teen)
http://www.jordandane.com/YA/books.php  Authors Web page that includes a wonderful trailer



Comments