The Evolution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer #2) by Michelle Hodkin

  Mara Dyer once believed she could run from her past.

She can’t.

She used to think her problems were all in her head.

They aren’t.

She couldn’t imagine that after everything she’s been through, the boy she loves would still be keeping secrets.

She’s wrong.

In this gripping sequel to The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, the truth evolves and choices prove deadly. What will become of Mara Dyer next


The first book, The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, left me wanting more. The intriguing idea behind what was going on with Mara, but also how was Noah able to see the things he did? And of course that cliffhanger!

When anxiously diving into the sequel I have to admit I was hoping for so many of these questions to be answered, but Michelle Hodkin sure has a way of just teasing us. It's quite possible that this book left me more confused about the puzzle pieces than before. It went in a completely different direction that I would have ever imagined and really throws the reader for a loop.

We do find out a lot of answers, but they were definitely not at all close to what I was expecting. This has to be one of the most unconventional series that I have ever read, and I mean that in a very good way. I loved that with almost every chapter the reader is constantly guessing where this is going to go.

I was more than overjoyed to see old friends make appearances and some quirky and not so welcomed new faces as well.

The ending of this book really threw me for a loop, there was actually at one point I was reading with my jaw open, I was pretty shocked and had a clear WTF moment.

I have heard several different opinions about this series, it is quirky and full on psychological. It will mess with your mind, and I for one enjoyed the ride. I would recommend this book to anybody and everybody

Comments

Post a Comment

What do you think?